Traditionally during this time of the year our NASCAR Haulers head to the Southwest to visit customers in the warmer climates of Southern California, Arizona and New Mexico. That schedule will be delayed in order to support some of the finest high school boys basketball at the Ohio Valley Hoops Classic.
Nearby Wilmington College will host 21 boys High School teams from Central and Southwest Ohio as well as teams from Northern Kentucky. R+L Carriers is proud to support these teams as a presenting sponsor of the 2014 Ohio Valley Hoops Classic. This 3 day preseason showcase features the best of the best in high school hoops.
The Ohio Valley Hoops Classic website boasts some impressive stats about the weekends schedule.
- The 21 team field includes nine past state champions accounting for a total of 26 state championships.
- Four of the participating teams advanced all the way to last year’s Sweet 16, while one advanced to the Elite 8. All those teams return their star players.
- According to Rick Bolus’ player rankings eleven of the top 50 seniors in Ohio are participating, along with four of the top 25 juniors, and the state’s number one freshman.
Friday, December 5, 2014
Saturday, December 6, 2014
- 10:30 a.m.: Chillicothe vs. Campbell County (KY)
- 12:15 p.m.: New Albany vs. Lakota East
- 5:30 p.m.: Lexington Catholic (KY) vs. Chaminade-Julienne
- 7:15 p.m.: Lorain vs. Newark
- 9:00 p.m.: Dayton Dunbar vs. Pickerington Central
Sunday, December 7, 2014
For pre-game analysis, visit the OVHC website for a game by game breakdown. Tickets are available at the door for as little as $10.00 for a day pass and $25.00 for the full weekend pass.
Since 1965 R+L Carriers has been an active supporter of the community where one man and one truck started what is now a world-wide trucking, shipping and logistics company. Our NASCAR hauler is usually reserved for customer visits, but is detouring to supportthe 14th Ohio Valley Hoops classic this weekend.
Follow along with the 14th Annual Ohio Valley Hoops Classic on Social Media. Follow the play on Twitter @OhioValleyHoops and on Facebook at /OhioValleyHoopsClassic. We invite you to like us on Facebook as well and follow us on Twitter too.